Microsoft Dynamics AX - Deployment Model
The new Microsoft Dynamics AX offers unmatched flexibility to deploy the system in your on-premise data center, in the cloud, or in a hybrid model, all with a single unified code base. The cloud-based deployment option leverages the Microsoft Azure cloud, the leading cloud-based platform for businesses.
Choosing the cloud-based deployment of Microsoft Dynamics AX provides access to a global network of modern data centers, as well as the Microsoft Azure cloud platform’s industry-leading measures for security, privacy, and compliance. So you can rest assured that your most critical data is well protected and secure.
To ensure maximum system uptime and availability, Microsoft provides high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) configurations for all Dynamics AX clients at no additional charge.
- High Availability (HA) – Within a client’s Dynamics AX production environment, Microsoft provides redundancy in key areas of the Dynamics AX architecture to prevent a single point of failure.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) – Microsoft also provides a fully replicated environment of your Dynamics AX system in a secondary Azure data center, so you can failover to a copy of your environment in the event of an unplanned natural disaster.
This ensures that your mission ERP software will be up and running with unprecedented availability levels at the same low monthly price.
- Native cloud deployment. Reduce IT overhead and eliminate hardware investments by natively deploying Dynamics AX in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Full redundancy. Guarantee maximum uptime with High Availability and Disaster Recovery configurations included for all customers at no additional charge.
- Pure browser interface. Simplify user provisioning and management with a native web browser user interface that requires no client software or browser plug-ins.
- Any device, any form factor. Gain full mobility by running Dynamics AX on any platform, any device, and any form factor using a modern HTML5 user interface.
- Active Directory integrated. Leverage your corporate Active Directory authentication to simplify management and synchronization of user accounts through Active Directory Federation Services.
Microsoft Azure Security, Privacy and Compliance
Microsoft has heavily invested in the industry’s most comprehensive security, privacy, and compliance framework, helping Azure gain a reputation as a trusted cloud platform. This includes:
- Comprehensive infrastructure and network protection measures such as intrusion detection, anti-virus/anti-malware protection, and ongoing penetration testing, as well as proactive monitoring, logging and patch management practices.
- Industry-standard data protection technologies, including a wide range of encryption capabilities, secure transport protocols (SSL, TLS), and data segregation techniques.
- A “Privacy by Design” policy and restrictions on access to data to ensure that your most important information is safeguarded.
- ISO 27001 certification, a broad international information security standard, along with annual audits for ISO compliance.
- Audits to the SOC (Service Organization Control) reporting framework for SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 controls, attesting to the design and effectiveness of its controls for security, availability, and confidentiality.
For organizations that prefer the control of deploying their ERP system in their on-premise data center, Microsoft Dynamics AX offers this option, using the same unified code base as the cloud version of Dynamics AX. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is available as an on-premise deployment model today, and the new Dynamics AX will offer an on-premise deployment model in a future release of the software.
The new Microsoft Dynamics AX leverages technologies from Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, and the Azure Stack to allow organizations to run Azure optimized applications like Dynamics AX in an on-premise or hybrid cloud deployment.
- Complete Control.
- Maintain complete control of all of your Dynamics AX infrastructure and all of your pre-production and production environments within your company-owned data center.
- Familiar Platform.
- Utilize familiar industry-standard Microsoft platform technologies that your team already manages every day, such as Microsoft Windows Server and the Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Leverage Your Microsoft Investments.
- Leverage the existing investments you’ve already made in your Microsoft-based IT infrastructure and your IT skill sets to simplify the management of your IT environment.
The new Microsoft Dynamics AX heavily utilizes Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), a unique cloud-based Application Lifecycle Management suite that helps to guarantee predictable, high-quality implementations and best-in-class support for Dynamics AX clients.
Dynamics Lifecycle Services
(Click image to enlarge)
Key features of LCS include:
- Automated provisioning and deployment of industry-specific versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX, complete with best practices configurations, default data sets, data migration tools, and guided processes.
- Implementation methodologies and tools for planning and executing your deployment.
- Full business process library for modeling and standardizing business processes based on industry best practices.
- Diagnostic tools for evaluating and troubleshooting system performance, as well as performing code analyses and planning for upgrades.
- Cloud Powered Support for submitting and researching system issues with Microsoft Support, as well as downloading and applying system updates.